+ I'm not a U.S. citizen/resident, can I still travel on this tour?

Yes! This tour is perfect for anyone looking for a more inclusive tour that gives you a deeper understanding of Cuba. For more information click here. If you are living in the U.S., regardless of nationality you are subject to all the same regulations as U.S. citizens.

+ Are your tours only for young/old people?

We welcome travelers of all ages! It is your travel style rather than your age that will determine if our tours are right for you. Our accommodations and modes of transportation are comfortable, but by no means luxurious. Our tours cover a lot of ground and move at a fairly rapid pace, so they are better for a more energetic traveler who can do medium grade physical activity (there's a lot of walking!). If you like to immerse yourself in the culture of a country, from the pretty to the gritty, then we think you'll enjoy our tours whether you are a baby boomer or a millennial. Learn more about our tour style here.

+ What is "People-to-People"?

People-to-people is a designation used by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to refer to travel to Cuba for educational exchanges that don’t involve academic study. Simply put, it’s to describe travel to Cuba that is for the purpose of learning and engaging with the people of Cuba, to encourage and support the Cuban people and to promote independence from Cuban government authorities. The goal may be that the more Cubans are exposed to the world around them, the more dissatisfied they will become with their current government, and hopefully that dissatisfaction will effect change. These types of educational tours have been around since 2011, but prior to January 16, 2015 a company had to be licensed by OFAC to provide these tours; a long, arduous, and often expensive endeavor. Now these tours can be provided under the general license, which eliminates the need to apply to OFAC.

+ What can I expect from a People-to-People tour?

You can expect a full-time schedule (around 7-8 hours including travel time) of educational exchange activities that will encourage interaction with locals. With President Obama's new changes as of March 2016, this category applies to both individual travel and tours sponsored by an organization. Our tours qualify you under individual travel, which is why we are able to offer them more affordably than we could offer a sponsored tour, which would require us to send a representative from the US to accompany the group. Additionally, by qualifying under individual travel you have more freedom to decline participation in any activity that doesn't interest you, as long as you still maintain the full schedule required by the law. However, we plan these tours so that you’ll be having such a great time, there’s nowhere else you’d rather be!

+ Can I stay in Cuba after the tour?

Absolutely! You are welcome to extend your time in Cuba by staying a few days late or arriving early as needed to accommodate flight schedules. We are happy to help you make your accommodations arrangements. An extra night at the B&B is US$55/$65/$85 (sgl/dbl/trpl) per night for a standard casa, or for a superior class casa (the type used on our tours) the prices are $90/$100/$110 (sgl/dbl/trpl). We can also book hotels, just contact us to inquire.
We offer several day tours you can take with a few extra days in Havana, see our Havana day tours here

+ Can you arrange flights for me?

See flight info here

+ Is flying through Mexico illegal or suspicious?

Absolutely not! How you choose to get to Cuba is a matter of convenience and cost for you. Many people on the west coast find it less expensive and more convenient to fly from Mexico City or Cancun. Since you are on a licensed tour, you can fly from anywhere you want, including Miami.

+ What are the entry requirements to Cuba? What is the Visa?

Tourists are required to have a valid passport and a tourist visa to enter Cuba. There is conflicting validity requirements for your passport, some sources say it must be valid for three months beyond your dates of travel and some say it must be valid for six months. To be on the safe side, it is better to renew your passport if it will expire within a year.
The Cuban Visa or Tourist Card is not unique to US travelers, it is required of travelers from around the world. Although it is commonly confused with the General License, which is specific to US travelers, one has nothing to do with the other. You can read how to get the visa here.

Still have questions?  Contact Us!